The Academic Support Center offers a variety of personal development workshops to help students build skills that impact successful course completion. Topics include time management, study habits, communication skills, and more! Mastering these areas will help students become academically successful and can be applied to any class. Workshops are free to all enrolled students and are scheduled each semester.
On-campus workshops are held in the Academic Support Center, Rm 608. Register below by selecting your desired workshop and signing into your RCSJ account. View all workshop offerings and register for a workshop here.
Time Management - Ways to effectively manage your time, stick to a routine, and balance school, work, and life.
- Study Skills - How to study using the research-backed "learning cycle," as well as how to incorporate active study strategies into your routine.
- Goal Setting, Motivation, and Procrastination - Learn the importance of setting goals, discover techniques to stay motivated, and discuss tips to avoid procrastination and stay on track with goals.
- Note-Taking - Ways to take more effective notes, what to write down when taking notes, and several different styles of note-taking.
- Test-Taking Strategies - Strategies for exam success, including how to combat test anxiety.
- Writing Skills - A variety of topics geared toward essay writing and structure, including avoiding plagiarism, MLA/APA styles, crafting a thesis statement, developing paragraphs, and more.
The Academic Support Center partners with Student Lingo to provide a variety of online, self-paced workshops. These free workshops are available 24/7 for your convenience. Follow this link to create a free account using your RCSJ student information and access the workshops.
- Time Management and Organization
- Online Testing Strategies
- Online Courses - Staying Motivated
- What it Takes to be a Successful Student
- And more!