Sign In
ISP maintenance will occur from 10:00 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, September 21, 2023

​While maintenance is occurring the following will be unavailable at all RCSJ locations: Internet Access, RCSJ Website, RCSJ Portal, Cisco Phone System, Blackboard eLearning Authentication, Email Authentication, Office 365 Authentication

View of RCSJ's Rastelli Business and Corporate building

Course Registration Info

Add, Drop, Audit, Withdrawal (ADAW) Info


View Summer 2023 ADAW Dates​​​
View Fall 2023 ADAW Dates​​​​

What is the difference between drop and withdrawal?

To avoid owing a bill, students must drop classes before the semester begins. If a class is dropped during a partial refund period, the student will owe only a portion of the bill. A dropped class does NOT appear on the student’s transcript.

A withdrawal occurs after the refund period. Students are financially responsible for withdrawn classes. A withdrawal appears on the student’s transcript as a “W” grade.

What is an audit?

An audit allows a student to be enrolled in a class, but not receive a GPA-affecting grade. Students who audit a class may choose do so for any number or reasons; among them: it may help the student decide between majors, expand their knowledge without the fear of a bad grade, or any other number of reasons. For those who wish to audit, they are subject to certain conditions specified by the instructor. For instance, some instructors may not require an auditing student to complete homework or assignments but others may. While the grade does not affect a student's GPA, they will receive a grade of “R,” which appears on the transcript but is not included in the student's grade point average. Audited courses are not eligible for financial aid.

​Student pays all tuition and fees for audited course and financial aid is not available for audited class; a student who wishes to audit should speak with their advisor.

What do I need to do if I want​ to drop a class?

Gloucester Campus InstructionsTo drop a class online, please follow these instructions:

  1. Log in to the Rowan College Portal.
  2. Click the Academics tab, accessible from the menu drawer on the left.
  3. Click the Add or Drop Classes link under the Registration Tools heading. If you required a PIN number to register, you will need the same PIN number to drop your course(s), it is located on the Advisement Form you received when you registered for the course(s).
Not all students are eligible to drop/add courses online. Please enter the Virtual Express Advising​ line for assistance in dropping a course.​

What do I need to do if I want to withdraw from a class?

To withdrawal from a course or from the college, please enter the virtual line in Express Advising:​. To withdraw from a course or from the College, students must complete an official withdrawal form.

What is a partial withdrawal?

A partial withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from some but not all classes for the semester.

What is a total withdrawal?

A total withdrawal occurs when a student withdraws from all classes for the semester.

Does a withdrawal appear on my transcript?

Yes. Withdrawing from a course may also have further implications on employment if employers see too many. Likewise, withdrawing from a course that is part of your major as opposed to an elective course may play a factor into some future considerations for employers. Consult with your advisor to help understand what impact a withdrawal might have for you.

Does a drop appear on my transcript ?

No. Double check the ADAW spreadsheet for your registered term to see when you must drop a course.

If I drop a class will it affect my financial aid?

Yes, a dropped class may affect financial aid. Consult with your advisor and with financial aid about the implications of a drop.

If I withdraw from a class will it affect my financial aid?​

Federal financial aid recipients are subject to a reduction of their financial aid if they completely withdraw or stop attending classes within the 60-percent period of any given semester. Aid recipients are responsible for costs related to tuition, fees, and books if their financial aid is revised or canceled. For additional information, students should visit the Financial Aid Withdrawals page.

What are the refund rules for full term and accelerated terms?​​

Pay attention to the length of the course as specific refund rules apply to the course based on the length of the term as follows:

Full-term (15 week) courses:

  • Sunday after the start of the term: Last Day to Add/Drop and receive 100% refund
  • Last Day to Audit: is the day after the last day to drop
  • Last Day to Withdraw: 2/3rd through the semester (typically 10th week)

Accelerated terms (4 to 13 week courses):

  • Wednesday after the start of the term: Last Day to Add/Drop and receive 100% refund
  • Last Day to AUDIT is the day after the last day to drop
  • Last Day to Withdraw: 2/3 through the term

How do I adjust my schedule without incurring additional charges during the “Add/Drop” period?​

Once the 100% refund period is complete, all even swaps (dropping and adding equivalent credits) must be completed during the same transaction​ to avoid a bill beyond late registration fees, if applicable. The first 5 days of a full-term course, and the first three days of an accelerated term course are considered the “add/drop” period.​​