Notice: The Final LPN –RN track Cohort Winter 2021.
In July of 2019 Rowan College of Gloucester County merged with Cumberland County College. Thereby creating a new name of Rowan College of South Jersey.
As a result of the merger, the New Jersey State Board of Nursing has required a combined Nursing program between the two campuses. Pending approval of the new curriculum from the Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), the new program is anticipated to be implemented in fall of 2021.
Future LPN-RN tracks are on hold. Prospective candidates are eligible to apply to the revised generic track curriculum for fall of 2021.
An LPN who wishes to challenge the first semester of the nursing program must apply under the LPN-to-RN Track Program. The
applicant must fulfill the entrance requirements and once accepted may
receive advanced placement.
A Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of New Jersey is
eligible to enter the Registered Nurse (RN) Option at Cumberland County
College, with advanced placement. Those LPN’s accepted into LPN to RN
program and successfully completing the criteria will be awarded credits
for the first semester Nursing course of the RCSJ-Cumberland
RN Program and will be entered into the second semester of the RN
The responsibilities of students of the nursing profession are to:
- Learn and encompass nursing standards in your behavior in all areas.
- Lead by personal example and assert a positive influence on other nursing students.
- Master the skills, knowledge and attitudes required in your nursing
profession which includes professionalism, ethics, honesty,
collaboration, problem solving, critical thinking, time management,
caring, respect for various cultures and promoting positive outcome
- Actively engage in the nursing course of instruction, including all
readings, assignments and examinations in order to apply the
information for safe and effective patient care.
- Participate in extracurricular activities, services and educational opportunities both on campus and in the community.
- Support your college, your community and the Nursing Program.
- Be a proud representative of RCSJ-Cumberland’s Nursing Program.