Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction will continue to be available to our RCSJ-Cumberland students during the Spring semester and beyond. We are now in a virtual environment using Zoom as our videoconferencing platform. Zoom is free and can be used from a laptop or cellphone. To make an appointment with a tutor, please follow these instructions.
How do I get a FREE tutor in Starfish?
- If you would like to make the appointment yourself using Starfish:
- If you would prefer to have the appointment made for you:
- For drop-in STEM Supplemental Instruction (SI) courses:
- On-demand tutoring in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics is available Monday-Thursday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Friday 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Please go to this google doc for a list of the Supplemental Instructors, their subjects, hours, and zoom waiting room links.
- If you would like more assistance:
- For STEM subjects, contact Albert Price at email@example.com.
- For subjects outside of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math, contact
Ramona Pontelandolfo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For students receiving services through the Department of Special Services, please contact Dotty Perna at email@example.com.
For English as a Second Language students, please contact Alice Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please contact Jaime Connolly, MBA, Director III, Center for Academic and Student Success at
Generalized Tutoring Center ASL2:
Assistance with course content area, as well as the following college survival skills: Organizational Skills, Time Management, Note-taking, Reading Comprehension, Study Skills, Test-taking Strategies, and Reducing Test Anxiety.
Mon-Thur: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
(Self-scheduling available in Starfish)
Uses peer-assisted study sessions to improve student retention and success within targeted historically difficult courses. Please contact Jaime Connolly (email@example.com
) if you are interested in becoming a Supplemental Instructor.
Developmental Math Lab ASL4:
Utilize this lab to do homework assignments or for testing for Developmental Math 091 and Math 094.