Officer Team Overview
The Rho Gamma Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa is led by an Executive Board of five student officers. Officers are elected each April by members of the Chapter. The Chapter Officers will work together with their Chapter Advisors to facilitate the deveopment of its programming and activities for next academic year.
Any member who is currently in good standing with the college and with the Chapter and is enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits may run for an elected office and serve on the Chapter Executive Board. The term of office is typically for one year and runs from June 1 through May 31 of each academic year.
Benefits of being an Officer
Students decide to run for an officer position for a variety of reasons which often include:
- Develop or enhance leadership skills
- Network with the College President and other administrators across the campus
- Maximize individual opportunity with the the four Hallmarks of Phi Theta Kappa - Service, Fellowship, Scholarship, and Leadership
- Make an impact on campus
- Strengthen PTK scholarship applications by serving as an officer
- Travel to regional and international conferences
- Meet new firends
- To push yourself to reach limits that you may not have otherwise achieved
To apply to be an officer, please read, complete, and submit the form below. All applications, including the required essay must be received no later than 5pm on April 2, 2021. If officer postions are contested, an election will take place April 12-14 with the final results made public by April 19, 2021.
Please click the link below to access the Candidate Application.
If you have any questions regarding the election process or want to learn more about the responsibilities, please email email@example.com