Practical Nursing, AC
The Academic Certificate program in Practical Nursing is designed for students who plan to become Licensed Practical Nurses. This program has selective admission criteria.
Individuals who are at college level and who are eligible to take English 101, and Anatomy and Physiology I, may consider this Practical Nursing program. The Practical Nursing Program can be completed in one calendar year. Graduates are awarded on Academic Certificate in Practical Nursing.
Rowan College's Cumberland Campus Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, 124 Halsey Street, Newark, NJ 07102, 1-973-504-6430.
Inquiries or complaints can be forwarded to Dr. Dorothy Carolina, PhD, RN, Executive Director, NJ Board of Nursing. Upon completion of the program, graduates qualify to take the National Council of Licensure Examination for licensure as a Practical Nurse
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate clinical competence at a novice practical nurse level.
- Apply critical thinking principles using the nursing process to attain optimal level of client function.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration with the Registered Nurse in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Demonstrate effective communication with the client, significant others, health care providers and community agencies to provide holistic care.
- Demonstrate professionalism in nursing practice.
- Value participation in educational opportunities to maintain nursing competence.
|Rowan College welcomes students seeking a post-secondary education. Admission to this program is open to high school graduates, GED (General Education Development) recipients or others who can benefit from the instruction offered. High school students may be considered for early admission or the High School Option program. Applications are accepted from residents of other New Jersey counties and other states and countries.|
|When you Graduate|
|This Academic Certificate program provides a career and degree pathway for those individuals who plan on receiving a practical nurse license. It also provides the opportunity for students to progress into a Registered Nurse Program.|
|Licensed practical nurse|
The content and requirements of the program requirements may be altered at any time at the discretion of the College. The program requirements were checked for accuracy at the time of publishing but should not be considered a contract between the College and the student.